Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is searching for a qualified student to serve as Computer Science Apprentice for a company in Erie County.
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to assist with two main projects. During the first phase, the apprentice will assist in building an application that will automatically screen soundtracks. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Listen to computer-generated soundtracks then make a specific determination for approval or disapproval of the soundtrack
- Help discern the reason for disapproval of specific soundtracks
- Assist in crafting new rules that can translate into new computer algorithms
- Test mobile platform application to debug software.
Phase two will include setting up a large amount of data in an ERP system. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Learn the Dolibarr ERP system
- Enter data into the ERP
- Explore the ERP to manipulate the data
- Collaborate with the team in US and Asia to accomplish goals
Candidates are required to be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, and shall be pursuing a four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related discipline; and have the ability to work at an Erie County facility. Technical background in computer algorithms, machine learning, or artificial intelligence preferred. A background in music theory and basic terminology is preferred. Must be comfortable with operating a Macintosh computer, a tablet, and a smart phone.
Those who qualify can apply online at www.nwirc.org/apprentice or direct questions to Gretchen Reinard at email@example.com.
Click to download more details about this position and qualifications.