Date: July 20, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Manufacturing is regaining strength, but labor shortages are mounting. While there were workforce challenges prior to the pandemic, the issue has reached a critical point both with Boomers retiring in 2020 and simply the lack of available talent. A recent study by the Global Supply Chain Institute at the University of Tennessee, noted many executives recognize the warning signs—91% of CEOs identify a need to change their strategy for attracting and recruiting talent—however more than 60% have not yet taken the first step toward actively working on it. This webinar, featuring NWIRC’s Susan Hileman, is loaded with information, best practices, opportunities, and resources to help companies be proactive about finding and keeping employees for your business. Setting the Stage:
- Understanding Generational Impact. The key to developing a successful talent management plan is having a comprehensive understanding of the challenge employers are facing in the talent pipeline.
- Takeaways from a recent Emsi Study. The Demographic Drought: How the Approaching Sansdemic Will Transform the Labor Market for the Rest of Our Lives.
- Retaining your Current Workforce. Improving retention and increasing productivity & profitability through upskilling, career readiness, and development of career pathways.
- Preparing for the Aging Workforce. Evaluating your current state including calculating turnover, recruitment and retention of mature workers, capitalizing on their knowledge and preparing for the future.
- Strategies for being the Business who Finds the Best Employees. Navigating regional workforce and economic development resources and the benefits of having a people-centric focus.
Zoom login details will be emailed.
Contact Molly Reichard at email@example.com with any questions.
Presenter: Susan R. Hileman
Susan has been a Strategic Business Advisor for the Northwest PA Industrial Resource Center since 2006. She directly assists manufacturers with business assessments, customized training, and project management skills to achieve targeted business growth and cost reduction strategies. She is a certified speaker/trainer/coach as part of the John Maxwell Team and trained in Maxwell DISC Behavioral Assessments. Susan has degrees in Business Management and Speech Communications from Clarion University and is a Masters’ degree candidate in Organizational Leadership as well as a veteran of the U.S. Air Force.
Here’s a preview of the Best Practices for Finding and Keeping Employees webinar:
Bookings are closed for this event.