Date: November 1, 2018
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Community Education Center (CEC)
4 Erie Avenue
St Marys, PA 15857
This workshop will allow participants to begin to think differently, allowing them to better understand how to find the root cause of a problem and then create long-term sustainable solutions. Participants will walk away with new tools and resources that they will practice in class and be able to implement immediately upon their return to their organization.
- Understanding how we think
- Introduction to how our mind works
- Realize how you think automatically
- Mental Muscles, how to exercise them like your physical muscles (includes perception)
- Exercises to drive home how to exercise mental muscles
- What is “Critical” Thinking?
- Developing our Core Critical Thinking Skills
- Active learning versus passively receiving info
- Exercise to practice critical thinking
- What is the REAL Problem?
- Understanding how to find the root cause
- Review the 3 types of causes
- Creating Solutions
- Healing versus using band aids
- Identify the value of solving the problem
- 4 Basic Problem-Solving Steps
- Finish Creating Solutions
- “Next” Exercise
- Implementing solutions
Instructor: Lisa Pustelak
You may be eligible to receive WEDnet funding towards the tuition cost for this course. To check your eligibility, visit www.wednetpa.com.
Please register by Monday October 29, 2018.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or questions.