Date: March 29-30, 2017
Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: $1800 or $1440 for ISA Members
Location: Knowledge Center (Behrend Campus)
5240 Knowledge Parkway
Lunch provided both days
This course will present the methodology for the designing and developing control systems documentation. The development of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and related ISA drawings are emphasized. This course covers both the development and the reading/interpreting of these documents, making it beneficial to engineers, designers, software programmers, system integrators, and technicians.
You will be able to:
Design, develop, and interpret the documents used to define instruments and control systems for a typical project, including P&IDs, loop diagrams, specification forms, instrument lists, logic diagrams, installation details, and location plans
- Explain the information included on each document
- Plan document development as it relates to project management
- Apply ISA standards for symbols and terminology to documentation
- Describe the relationship of ISO 9000, OSHA process safety management (PSM), and API 750 to control systems documentation
You will cover:
- P&IDs: Definition and Use | ISA Standard Symbols and Identification | Contents and Piping Information | Design and Construction | Developing from Flow Diagrams | Scheduling Considerations | Hazardous Area Considerations
- Instrument Lists: Definition and Use
- Control System Software: PLC/DCS Functional Requirement Documentation Development
- Logic Diagrams: Definition and Use | Symbology | Interpretation | ISA Standards
- Installation Details: Use | Development | Materials of Construction | Valves | Scheduling
- Location Plans: Purpose and Development | Structural Considerations | Electrical and Other Trays | Panel Location
- Loop Diagrams: Purpose | Interpretation | Development | ISA Standards | Scheduling Considerations
- Control Methods: Feedback | Feedforward | Ratio | Cascade | Control Valves
- Standards and Documentation: ISA5.1 – ISA5.6 | ISO 9000 | OSHA | Process Safety System Management | API 750
- Develop diagrams for flow, level, temperature, and pressure loops
- Develop documentation for sample instruments
- Design and develop a P&ID from a flow diagram and process description
- Design and develop logic diagrams
- Develop other project documents
To register for this course, please click here. Details on ISA membership can be found here.
Please register by Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or questions.