Date: April 14, April 28, May 12, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Effective coaching helps people think for themselves, suggest solutions versus complain about problems, and take responsibility for their actions. As our world changes by the day and sometimes by the hour, helping your team stay focused, productive, and motivated is as important for them as it is for you. Developing your coaching skills will not only help you be a better leader, but it will help you develop your people too.
Session 1: Being Mindful of Employee Mental Health (April 14)
Improving the mental health of your employees can improve thinking, decision-making, workflow, and relationships at work. All of these translate to increased productivity. This session will discuss the importance of awareness and best practices to promote healthy minds at work.
Leaders will learn:
- How to recognize a call for help
- Ways to open up the lines of communication
- Best practices to promote a healthy supportive culture
Session 2: Coaching in a Remote Environment (April 28)
This session helps leaders ensure the team continues to develop through coaching. Whether it has to be over the phone, on Zoom, or through email, participants will learn how to effectively work with team members to ensure connection and growth continues even at a distance.
- Learn how to choose the best medium
- Understand what NOT to change
- Brush up on your communication skills (for example, active listening)
- Utilize tools for engagement
Session 3: Coaching: Moving People Forward (DDI) (May 12)
In this course, leaders recognize the benefits of a growth mindset, and the insight tool measures their general orientation to how they view other’s potential to grow. They learn and practice a practical approach to coaching in the moment, in any situation.
- Recognize and nurture the potential within others to grow and change.
- Build a coaching relationship based on trust.
- Guide, inspire, support, and empower in the moment.
- Ask questions, connect at a human level, and energize into action.
Instructor: Lisa Pustelak.Lisa is an Employee Development Specialist and Strategic Business Advisor for NWIRC and previous founder and CEO of LEDGE Enterprises, LLC.
Register by April 13, 2021. The log-in information for Zoom will be emailed after registration. Email email@example.com for additional information or questions.