Date: January 13, January 27, February 10, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
This series is designed to help participants think differently, better understand how to find the root cause of a problem and create long-term sustainable solutions. Participants will walk away with new tools and resources that they will practice in class and be able to implement immediately upon return to their organization.
Session 1: How We Think – What Works and What Doesn’t (January 13)
The way we think is a habit, just like brushing our teeth or driving a car. In today’s world, some of our thinking habits serve us and some make things harder. When we decide to change a habit, it takes practice to create a new one. Choosing to understand how you think, can make changing habits much easier. You will:
- determine where bad attitudes come from
- understand how your mind works and how it impacts those around you
- learn how to exercise your mental muscles to look at things from different perspectives
- discover the results we get when we respond versus react
Session 2: Develop a Problem-Solving Mindset (January 27)
Many leaders are burdened by constant interruptions and questions. They often wish their team would learn to think for themselves and learn how to effectively solve more problems on their own. Discover the scientific way of thinking that can help solve the simplest to the most complex problems. You will:
- understand why it’s okay to say “I don’t know”
- learn a 4-step model to help you solve any problem
- be able to effectively engage with your team
- discover where your knowledge threshold lies and how to overcome it
Session 3: Making High Quality Decisions (February 10)
Using a logical decision-making process can help you avoid pitfalls that often undermine high-quality decision making. Develop the skills and confidence for making critical decisions by evaluating options based on specific decision criteria. This skill will help you:
- make effective and confident business decisions
- avoid obstacles to objective analysis and judgments
- involve the right people at the right time in the decision-making process
- gain the support needed to make decisions and implement
Instructor: Lisa Pustelak.Lisa is an Employee Development Specialist and Strategic Business Advisor for NWIRC and previous founder and CEO of LEDGE Enterprises, LLC.
Register by January 12, 2021. The log-in information for Zoom will be emailed after registration. Email email@example.com for additional information or questions.
Bookings are closed for this event.