Dates: September 10, 17, 24; October 1, 8, 15, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: $599 ($539 if registered by August 27)
Location: NCPA Launchbox powered by Penn State DuBois, PA
Do you have newer supervisors who are in need of formal training due to some of the following challenges?
- An older work mentality culture
- Communication skills, especially in dealing with difficult conversations/situations.
- High turnover rate with new hires
The impact of not addressing these challenges is a continued trend of high turnover with new employees, taking longer than necessary to resolve issues resulting in decreased productivity, and not fulfilling the company expectations.
Session 1 – The Mindset of a Great Leader
- Where do the bad attitudes come from?
- Understand how our minds work and how it impacts those around you
- Exercising our mental muscles to look at things from different perspectives
Session 2 – Effective Communication
- Understand the different types of personalities on your team
- Recognition that motivates
- The ways we communicate whether we realize it or not
Session 3 – Dealing with Difficult Conversations and Conflict
- Recognize and be prepared for tough situations
- Understand it doesn’t always have to be hard
- Learn how increasing your Emotional Intelligence can help
Session 4 – Problem Solving
- Learn a 4 step model to change the way you look at a problem
- Understand how to better “see” the real problem
- Introduction to the “Next” exercise to brainstorm for solutions
Session 5 – Taking Ownership / Building Confidence in Yourself and Others
- What example are you setting for your team?
- 3 Keys to owning the problems you find
- Understanding performance and treating the business like your own
Session 6 – Team Building & Skill Transfer
- Strengthening the bond between your peers
- Learn easy and effective ways to strengthen the team you lead
- Recognize and practice the difference between knowing how to do something & teaching it to someone else
About the Presenter:
Lisa Pustelak joined NWIRC in 2018 as a Strategic Business Advisor and Employee Development Specialist. She is part of NWIRC’s team of business advisors serving manufacturers in 13 counties of northwestern PA. Her main focus includes developing leaders and employees with coaching and providing onsite and public training programs on topics such as critical thinking, leadership development, communication skills, improvement kata, strategic planning and coaching. She has over 20 years’ experience working with small businesses, including ten years as the CEO of LEDGE Enterprises, a company she founded to help companies, Lead, Engage, Develop, Grow, and Empower their people. Lisa is a certified Balance Score Card Professional and DDI Facilitator. She is a member of Women in Manufacturing, NTMA, National Speakers Association, and PA Business and Professional Women.
Bookings are closed for this event.