Date: October 16, 2019
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
CPE: 8 Credits
Location: NWIRC Learning Center
8425 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16509
This class is equivalent to 8 CPE credits. For companies who have embarked on applying lean thinking and practices, they may not have thought about the role of management reporting information and the accounting team in supporting this transformation.
During this one-day workshop, Jean will share with you her experience and insights in the following areas:
- Five sources of financial improvement with lean
- Improving cost management reporting to improve usefulness while simplifying at the same time
- Utilizing information in the accounting records to help identify upstream process improvement opportunities
- Use of metrics for performance monitoring
- Applying lean concepts to reduce waste in accounting operations
This class will combine lecture, dialogue and simulation.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Evaluating financial impact of lean efforts beyond cost cutting
- Understand alternatives to Standard Cost Accounting or Cost Management based on Value Streams
- Role for accounting beyond reporting and auditing
- Lean concepts from the shop floor apply in every area of the company, including accounting
Who should attend: CEO’s, CFO’s, controllers, accounting team members, audit managers and lean champions.
Presenter: Jean Cunningham, as CFO of two manufacturing companies and consultant to lean organizations, has lived this change and a found a new, improved role for accounting to provide better value information to the organization as well as reduced the effort required for accounting operations.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please register by Friday, October 11, 2019. Registration before 9/13 for reduced tuition of $650. Registrations after 9/13 will be $750.
Bookings are closed for this event.
NWIRC Learning Center