Date: April 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25, 2023
Time: 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Cost: $299 ($254 if registered by 4/6)
Location: Zoom (link will be emailed after registration)
This six-week course is comprised of interactive sessions that use a variety of instructional techniques, including group discussions, role playing, self-assessments, homework and practical applications. Participants are encouraged to bring their real-life professional issues to each session to facilitate on-the-job application of the skills learned. Participants will come to understand how to effectively manage today’s workforce in the day-to-day operation of their respective organizations.
Session 1 – The Mindset of a Great Leader
- Where do the bad attitudes come from?
- Understand how our minds work and how it impacts those around you
- Exercising our mental muscles to look at things from different perspectives
Session 2 – Essential Communication Skills
- Review the 10 Essential Communication skills
- Improve Verbal, Non-Verbal, and Written skills
- Active Listening
Session 3 – Communicating with Different Personality Types
- Learn your Personality Type
- Understanding those different than yours
- How to communicate with those different than yours
Session 4 – Getting Comfortable with Conflict
- Identify the common causes, signs, and impact of workplace conflict
- Recognize your role in resolving workplace conflict and the accountability your employees have for resolving their own conflicts.
- Understand not all conflict is bad
Session 5 – Taking Ownership / Building Confidence in Yourself and Others
- What example are you setting for your team?
- 3 Keys to owning the problems you find
- Understanding performance and treating the business like your own
Session 6 – Team Building & Skill Transfer
- Strengthening the bond between your peers
- Learn easy and effective ways to strengthen the team you lead
- Recognize and practice the difference between knowing how to do something & teaching it to someone else
Training will include:
- Engaging content
- Relevant Examples
- Open discussion on how to apply learning in the real-world environment
- Interactive exercises and coaching to reinforce learning
- A safe zone to discuss current issues
- Open door policy for one-on-one discussions with the instructor
About the Presenter:
Lisa Pustelak is NWIRC’s Strategic Planning & Culture Development Specialist. She develops leaders and employees with coaching and onsite or public training programs on topics such as critical thinking, leadership development, communication skills, improvement kata, strategic planning and coaching. She has over 20 years’ experience working with small businesses, including ten years as the CEO of LEDGE Enterprises, a company she founded to help companies, Lead, Engage, Develop, Grow, and Empower their people. Lisa is a certified Balance Score Card Professional and DDI Facilitator. She is a member of Women in Manufacturing, NTMA, National Speakers Association, and PA Business and Professional Women.
Bookings are closed for this event.