Date: November 10, 2022
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: $360 ($306 if registered by 10/27)
Location: NWIRC Learning Center
8425 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16509
The class combines lecture and simulation to provide a firm foundation of lean manufacturing techniques. Students begin by ‘manufacturing’ air compressor components in a simulated traditional manufacturing process. The results of the first simulation round will provide the basis for continuous improvement as participants apply lean manufacturing principles in subsequent rounds. You will learn about Standardized Work, Teams, Workplace Organization, Visual and Plant Layout, One-Piece Flow, TPM, Cellular Production, TAKT Time, Pull and Kanbans, POUS, Quick Changeover, Quality at the Source, Batch Reduction. Each concept will build upon your ability to eliminate manufacturing waste.
- Learn the basics of lean, the concepts, and its benefits
- Understand the difference between value and waste
- Understand how various lean tools help eliminate waste
- Define and understand lean terminology
- Learn about the key elements to building a lean culture
- Be introduced to 2 Second Lean and the major takeaways from the book by Paul Akers.
Instructor: Craig Corsi is a Lean Specialist and manufacturing professional with more than 22 years’ experience in the areas of operational excellence, supply chain and inventory management, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Email email@example.com for additional information or questions.
Bookings are closed for this event.
WQLN Learning Center