Date: November 10, 2016
Time: 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Location: William J Douglass Jr Corporate Conference Center
764 Bessemer Street
Continental breakfast provided
What comes to mind when you hear the terms “research and experimentation” or “research and development”? If you tend to think of ground-breaking innovations or inventions, you are not alone. For this reason, a number of manufacturers have overlooked the Credit for Increasing Research Activities, commonly referred to as the “R&E Tax Credit.” Many companies don’t realize their efforts, time, and resources could have been used to reduce their tax burden. This session will provide information you need to take advantage of this benefit, covering the following:
- Overview of the R&E Tax Credit for Federal and Pennsylvania purposes
- Discussion of the potential injection of cash flow from these Credits
- Recent regulatory changes, including the credit being made permanent and the ability to apply the credit against AMT (alternative minimum tax)
- Key factors of determining whether or not a job qualifies for the Credit
- Once it is determined that a job qualifies, what expenditures qualify for the Credit
- Examples of various industries that typically qualify for the Credit
- Analysis of our region, and Pennsylvania as a whole, in terms of the dollar amount of Credits being claimed and types of businesses claiming them
- Documentation requirements
- Overview of a typical R&E Tax Credit engagement
Presented by the R&E Tax Team at McGill, Power, Bell & Associates, including:
… Robert M. Power, Jr., CPA, CVA, ABV, CSMC, CDBV, CFF
… Kevin T. Oviatt, CPA, CVA
… Michael S. Neubauer, CPA, CVA, MBA
… Scott A. Herzing, CPA
This program is co-sponsored by NWPA NTMA.
Please register by Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Email mreichard for additional information or questions.
Bookings are closed for this event.