Date: October 4, 11, 18, 25 November 1, 2022
Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: MS Teams
We are proud to partner with our sister-center, Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC), to offer this training.
This course is ideal for companies that need to increase customer satisfaction and decrease operating costs. Six Sigma is a problem-solving methodology that uses statistical tools and techniques to greatly reduce the frequency of defects and errors within products and services by identifying, analyzing and eliminating variation within production, business administration and customer service processes.
Companies implementing Six Sigma have achieved:
– Order processing time reductions of nearly 75%
– First pass yield improvements of over 53%
– On-time delivery rate increases of up to 85%
– Cycle time reductions of nearly 31%
Typically, Six Sigma is implemented through the performance of targeted improvement projects that apply the proven DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) approach to a specific process. Most projects can be performed by qualified Six Sigma Green Belts, with Six Sigma Black Belts assisting in the project’s chartering, data collection, data analysis and improvement sustainability aspects as needed.
Course Outline: This five-day training, which is instructed by a certified Master Black Belt, teaches Six Sigma concepts, roles and implementation approaches that will enable participants to identify Six Sigma execution opportunities and conduct Six Sigma projects with limited involvement of a Six Sigma Black Belt. Participants will perform, or assist in the performance, of a Green Belt project during this course.
Participants will learn:
– The Six Sigma philosophy from a certified Six Sigma Black Belt
– To identify Six Sigma opportunities, charter and conduct Six Sigma projects independently or as part of a small group
– To apply the proven DMAIC approach for Six Sigma implementation
– How to quantify the final benefits of the project and report project outcomes to their peers and supervisors
The course will be held in-person and virtually via Microsoft Teams. Please be sure to note your attendance preference when registering. Virtual attendees will receive the access link via email a day or two before the event.