It’s been said that ‘knowledge is power’. Next week will be a powerful couple of days for manufacturers in the Northwest PA region as the Erie Bayfront Convention Center transforms into an education center for manufacturing technology, business, and workforce development. TechFest 2015 will be held on December 9th and 10th.
Activities for each day include:
Industry Day: December 9 (10:30am-5:30pm)
- Machine and software technology trade show
- Breakout sessions focusing on technology innovation, human resources, and manufacturing IT
- Robotic demonstrations
- 3-D printing demonstrations
- Training and development information for new and incumbent workers
- Networking (5-6pm) and Dinner Event (6pm): Includes networking for manufacturers and Keynote Speaker, Will Knecht, President of Wendell August Forge
Download a complete schedule of TechFest Industry Day Breakout Sessions
Student Day & Industry Day: December 10 (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Machining, robotic and 3-D engineering demonstrations & trade show
- Hands on science and technology experiments
- Career exploration opportunities
- Representatives from regional educational institutions
- RoboBOTS demonstrations
- Breakout sessions featuring new technology
- Lunchtime Keynote Speaker: Jeremy Bout, Host and Executive Producer of the Edge Factor.
Major sponsors of TechFest include Northwestern PA National Tooling and Machining Association (NWPA NTMA), Advanced Diversified Manufacturing Industry Partnership (ADMIP), Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC), and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition.
Details and registration at www.madeinnwpa.org/techfest.