The Northwestern PA Chapter of the National Tooling and Machining Association (NWPA-NTMA) has an easy and efficient way for manufacturers to start training apprentices. They have created Group Apprenticeship Programs for the trades of Machinist (CNC) and Toolmaker. There is currently reimbursement available to offset training costs through the National Apprenticeship Grant as a result of their partnership with the Mahoning Valley Manufacturer’s Coalition. Up to $6,000 may be available for companies registering before September 30, 2016.
NWPA NTMA serves as the Program Sponsor, which includes the following support:
- Maintaining the Standards of Apprenticeship
- Serving as the point of contact with the State Apprenticeship Council
- Filing Apprenticeship Agreement and providing status updates to the Council
- Coordinating group classroom training
- Coordinating apprentice recordkeeping
- Initiating request for Certificate of Completion
- Serving as liaison to the National Apprenticeship Grant
If you are interested in learning more about the group apprenticeship programs, contact Tami Adams at email@example.com or 814-720-0094.