Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is searching for a qualified STEM student to serve as a Technical Services Engineering Intern for a manufacturing company in Northwest PA.
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to assume the responsibilities of the Engineering Design and Testing technician reporting directly to Senior Print Supervisor and Senior Testing Supervisor. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate engineering prints for Industrial Tires & wear parts and final print revision from preliminary prints;
- Entering “Attribute Data” from engineering prints into Syteline/ERP for Tires, Track Pads, Machined Castings, & other product types;
- Perform basic product failure FEA
- Testing polyurethane and rubber compounds for dynamic and static loading conditions;
- Time and temperature dependent rheological study on cast polyurethane compounds;
- Testing using Dynamometer and preparing load wheels, press on & mold on wheels, and mechanical assemblies for testing;
- Test data & dynamometer database creation and reporting;
- Creating standard visual work Instructions for testing, equipment and products;
- Developing and maintaining engineering test equipment event logs;
- Work on incoming material COA generation using appropriate testing methods;
Candidates are required to be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or similar field of study. Experience with SolidWorks or AutoCAD is required. Candidate must demonstrate ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a cross-functional team environment with strong customer focus.
Those who qualify can apply online at https://nwirc.org/internship or direct questions to Gretchen Reinard at email@example.com.
Click to download more details about this position and qualifications.