The Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is seeking a President and CEO responsible for all executive management functions including leadership; community relations and advocacy; risk management and compliance; and strategic, program, human resources, and financial planning.
With 10 staff members located in offices in Erie, Meadville, and DuBois, Pennsylvania, the NWIRC’s mission is to enhance the competitiveness and growth of small- and medium-sized manufacturers in the thirteen counties of northwest Pennsylvania by working with clients to improve their productivity and technological performance. Grants from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), and other private and public sponsors support the NWIRC. The NWIRC is part of NIST’s Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP).
Candidates should be able to gain immediate credibility as a consulting and manufacturing thought leader by effectively articulating key issues, challenges, and strategic initiatives when interacting with a wide range of clients, partners, legislators, and other major stakeholders. Successful candidates also must be innovative and change oriented in order to respond to a dynamic and often unpredictable business and funding environment.
- Fifteen or more years of relevant management experience, working in or with manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to 501 (c)(3) organizations.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities
- relating to the mission of the organization.
- Knowledge of human resources, financial, and program management.
- A Master’s degree is highly preferred, or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent knowledge in a related field.
Candidates should send a résumé, cover letter including salary requirements, and names of three references to Kim Stebick at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2016.
The NWIRC Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.