Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is searching for a qualified student to serve as a Plant Engineer Apprentice for a company in Erie County.
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate who will be responsible for analyzing current work flow and methods, selecting a better, leaner arrangement of equipment and processes, and implementing this rearrangement during the plant shut down from 7/23/16 through 8/6/16. The apprentice will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist in laying out equipment arrangements with AutoCAD and/or Inventor software.
- Field checking of measurements, utility availability, finding obstacles
- Drawing ductwork, piping layouts, electrical runs, etc. Writing specifications for work to be performed. Preparing bid documents for work to be performed.
- Contacting contractor to get bids for the work that needs to be done
- Calling equipment suppliers to make sure the equipment arrives when required
- Observing contractors to make certain that they are providing the work requested
- Helping to create maintenance manuals for equipment purchased
Candidates are required to be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, and shall be pursuing a four-year degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; and ability to work at the Erie County facility. A working knowledge of AutoCAD. The timeframe for this position will be May 2016 through August 2016.