Process and Data Automation, Inc. (PDA) and Rodem will host an upcoming educational program, Mixproof Valve Technical Training. A 45+ year sanitary industry expert, Roger Ashton of Alfa Laval, will provide a hands-on, in-depth look at mixproof valves. The training will examine the inner workings, various types, “science” behind, and real-life applications of mixproof valves.
According to Joe Snyder, President of PDA, mixproof valve technology has truly revolutionized the sanitary flow industries. These industries include liquid food, beverages, dairy, pharmaceutical, chemical, and any other applications where liquid products are manufactured or liquids are used in the productions of a final product. “With a double-seat mixproof design, you’re able to stream two different products or Clean in Place (CIP) fluid through the same valve at the same time—without any risk of cross-contamination,” he said. “In effect, one mixproof valve can do the job of two or three single-seat valves, saving you space and installation costs, and providing unmatched system flexibility.”
This upcoming training will be held on March 3rd from 8:30am-5:00 at PDA’s corporate offices Knowledge Park at Penn State Behrend, Erie PA. There are a limited number of available seats and registration is required by contacting Dan Garrity of PDA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-866-9600 x229.
Location: 5240 Knowledge Parkway Erie, PA 16510 – Knowledge Park at Penn State Behrend
Date: Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
Time: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Cost: $50.00/person (seating is limited) Fee waived for Professional Service Agreement Holders
Food: Lunch & Beverages will be provided
Agenda / Outline:
- Coffee / continental breakfast (8:00AM – 8:30AM) OPTIONAL
- Start 8:30AM – Welcome / opening remarks
- Roger Ashton – brief bio
- Objectives of presentation
- “Automation”, and sanitary piping components
- Benefits and goals of “automation”
- History of flow components
- The mixproof valve concept
- Where are mixproof valves used in the market place?
- Mixproof valves – why the need?
- The mixproof valve solution
- Levels of automation for piping systems
- Four types of mixproof valve solutions
- Design features of single bodied mixproof valves
- Static and pneumatic positions for single bodied mixproof valves
- Standard duty mixproof valves
- Mixproof valves compliant for use in milk products production
- Mixproof valve automation- principles and “science” of seat lifting (in depth review)
- See and confirm a mixproof valve application – is it really a mixproof solution? (in depth review)
- Valve matrix design and principles
- Mixproof valve R.O.I.
- Position indication units for mixproof valves
- Other types of mixproof valves
- Comparisons of mixproof valves in the U.S. market place.
- Operational wet demonstration of mixproof valve in PDA industrial lab
- Training notes: •Breaks taken during AM and PM sessions (short- 10 minutes)
- Lunch furnished at PDA (30 minutes)
- Product operational demo will be available in conference room for inspection
Process and Data Automation, Inc. is a full service, CSIA Certified industrial control systems integration firm with offices in Erie, PA and Jamestown, NY.
Visit https://www.processanddata.com/news/mixproof-valve-technical-training/ for more information about the event and PDA.