Numerous community partners in Crawford County are collaborating to launch a Uniquely Abled Academy, at Crawford Tech, with classes starting September 2022. The Project Team is currently seeking a part-time Program Coordinator to be an integral part of this exciting and meaningful initiative. Below is the job description and candidate qualifications.
Contracted Position: Uniquely Abled Academy Program Coordinator (at Crawford Tech)
Program Hours: Part-Time (20-25 hours/week) | June 1, 2022-May 30, 2023
Reports To: Project Management Team Lead
WHAT IS UAA
UAA is a program designed to provide individuals with high functioning autism the hands-on training and high-tech skills needed to prepare for a career as a computer numerical control (CNC) operator.
The Uniquely Abled Academy (UAA) Program Coordinator at Crawford Tech provides overall coordination and project management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Management of the application, assessment, and intake process
- Coordination of delivery of Uniquely Abled Academy services to students
- Administration, e.g., record keeping, coordination, etc., of the Uniquely Abled Academy program
- Management and coordination of activities for job placement and post hiring support
Eight project teams are established to support and work in collaboration with the Program Coordinator to accomplish the Essential Duties below:
- Marketing and outreach to recruit students
- Receive first inquiries and become contact person for all interested students/parents/service coordinators/interested parties
- Facilitate the enrollment/intake/financial assistance process
- Work closely with the UAA instructor to achieve maximum student engagement
- Coordinate and/or delivery of services (such as soft skills training, facility tours)
- Prepare and maintain complete records and other necessary paperwork
- Coordinate activities and job placement with employers
- Serve as administrative resource for all eight project teams and coordinate meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in areas of psychology, vocational guidance, counseling, education, or another related field. However, 5+ years’ experience in these related areas will also be considered.
- Outreach, counseling, or disability services programs experience preferred
- Knowledge of local labor markets, employment services, and employment-related service delivery systems
- Work is primarily performed in an office or the UAA classroom simulating a production environment; some work will be performed in the field with localized travel.
Background check and clearances are required. Submit a cover letter and resume to: Laurie Knoll, NWIRC | email@example.com
Submissions will be accepted until May 15, 2022.
Download Job Description Here.