Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is searching for a qualified individual for an immediate Sales Engineer Representative position available in Mercer County.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for selling distributor-based products through a series of approaches from personal sales visits to online quote requests. The Outside Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites using Company provided demo truck. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Acts as a professional resource and solutions provider in any instance for distributors and end users.
- Always maintains professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and online quote requests, and annual target account assessment process.
- Uses marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Penetrates all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Actively manages call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Generates and develops new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary, and a wide variety of other sales tactics.
- Builds and fosters a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Conducts a minimum of 10-12 sales presentations per week by physical visits to customer locations, during travel.
- Performs professional presentations or demonstrations using demonstration vehicle and product literature of company product(s)/service(s) while traveling and/or on-site.
- Emphasizes product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order contracts and/or forms for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Leads and coordinates customer training on products, applications and safe operations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, expense accounts, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assists in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Keeps account activities and literature up to date while in the inside sales role working with the marketing department.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
REQUIREMENTS: The qualified candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline. Must have excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as other applicable software.