Having an accurate view of your company’s current situation and a compelling vision of the future motivates employees and focuses resources on areas that will have the most impact. Strategic Planning is often overlooked and under-valued, and running your business doesn’t always leave time to plan for your company’s future growth. Striving for growth or improvement without setting clearly defined goals and a plan, including specific initiatives to achieve those goals, can leave your business adrift and unfocused.
Strategic Planning Services
Working with your organization’s leadership, we will help you develop or refine your Vision, Mission and Core Values. Our independent Interviews with all employees are a key component to uncover hidden ideas and empower employees to be part of the process.
We provide you with a Strategic Plan Map to facilitate team communication, make it easier to chart organizational progress, and keep all employees moving in the same direction (in lieu of a 3-ring binder that sits on a shelf). For companies with limited resources, or desire assistance with implementation, we can also be part of your team.
We work with you and your team to identify the challenges that stand in your way, opportunities to pursue, and help you craft a plan that will take you from where you are now to where you want to be. Our ability to engage employees is the key to our success in conceptualizing and formalizing ideas for the plan. Together, we will:
- Develop a shared vision of the future and summarize it into key themes
- Understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) of the business
- Outline the core competencies of your team, products, and operational capabilities that comprise the Unique Value Proposition (UVP) which sets you apart from competitors
- Prioritize areas of focus — the key goals for performance and improvements needed over the next 12 months
- Translate priorities into S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable actionable, results oriented, time bound) goals
- Establish a periodic reporting and follow-up method that keeps those goals on track
- Shifts a company to plan for the future versus surviving day to day
- Employees feel a part of the strategic planning process and direction for the future of the company
- Provides a clear vision with specific improvement goals that can be shared across the entire organization
- Decision-making becomes easier
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) that are tied to operational and financial performance
- Greater level of buy-in and accountability from the management team that decreases the load on the president/owner
- Ability to develop a company culture that is aligned with your vision
- Profitable growth that is measured and monitored
“We’ve always been confident that we can beat our competition on almost any customer-provided benchmark…but these capabilities mean nothing if nobody knows about them. In NWIRC and DVIRC, we found partners who not only comm“While our management team at Peters’ Heat Treating, Inc. has always been actively committed to updating strategic plans, we find it extremely important for an outside consultant to investigate and analyze our business to ensure that we are realistic with our vision and goals. The project with NWIRC was seamless and the deliverable met all expectations. We look forward to working with them in future years to assist in our continued business success.”
– Diana (Peters) Wilkosz, Vice President of Administration