Strategic Business Advisor
BACKGROUND: The Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is a public-private partnership, management consultancy that assists in the health and vitality of small and medium sized manufacturing businesses in northwest Pennsylvania. In partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, NWIRC strives to improve the competitiveness of our regional manufacturers by enhancing productivity and technological performance resulting in measurable impact for our clients and all stakeholders. NWIRC is currently seeking an organized, energetic and goal-oriented business development professional to help us achieve our vision to be recognized and respected within the manufacturing community as the go to resource for support and to strengthen the manufacturing industry by driving positive, desired change.
OBJECTIVES: The qualified candidate(s) will utilize their exceptional communication and business development skills to collaborate with executive level management to identify manufacturing needs and goals, recommend potential solutions, and facilitate a successful project while meeting the requirements and objectives of NWIRC. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Quickly learn and execute NWIRC’s business model, client engagement process, sales methodology and tools
- Be knowledgeable of manufacturer’s general needs and NWIRC’s service solutions
- Develop territory plans, utilize marketing leads, and self-driven outreach and relationship development activities to schedule and conduct client meetings
- Write follow-up communications, proposals, articles and case studies that articulate a manufacturer’s critical business issue and the solution that resulted in positive impact for the manufacturer
- Actively maintain database, customer relationship management (CRM), and other required reporting system records
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess strong situational fluency and business acumen of manufacturing acquired through a minimum of ten (10) years of direct work experience, professional sales, and/or consulting experience with a demonstrated record of accomplishments. Knowledge of Lean / Continuous Improvement concepts is preferred. A bachelor’s degree is also preferred, although can be substituted with more than 10 years of direct work experience with manufacturing as described above. A master’s degree is a plus.
Additionally, the ideal candidate shall have excellent computer knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and a CRM platform; have excellent planning and organization skills and be willing to take initiative with great attention to detail. Minimal travel may be requir
CONTACT: Qualified candidates are to send their resume and an introductory email highlighting relevant coursework and experience for the position by August 17th, 2020 to: Mr. Michael Griffith, Manager, Operations & Business Development, at email@example.com. Please direct all inquiries about this opportunity, including requesting further detailed description of essential job function, to the same.