Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC), along with community partners, will launch 3 of the What’s So Cool About Manufacturing (WSCM) Student Video contests for the 2019/2020 school year in Pennsylvania- including Northwest (Erie and Crawford Counties) and West Central (Mercer and Lawrence Counties), and CFVW (Crawford, Forest, Venango, Warren Counties). The goal of the program is to create awareness and change perceptions of manufacturing careers among students, parents, teachers, and the community.
• A video contest among 7th and 8th grade students at middle schools in the region
• Contest work begins in October 2019 and ends with an Awards Ceremony in March/April 2020
• Each participating school district assembles a team of 5-6 students and a Teacher Coach
• Each school team is matched with a local manufacturing company to research, interview, and film for a two minute video that captures
“What’s So Cool About Manufacturing?”
• Students will spend time planning and then 1/2 day filming at their assigned manufacturing company
• Project kick-off begins with a mandatory 90-minute Teacher Training in October 2019
• Each participating school will receive the following resources:
– Video equipment and accessories (first year of participation)
– Professionally recorded media training
– Teacher Guide to augment the Media Training Series
– Training specifically focused on equipment usage and media editing
– Professional editing feedback throughout the project
• Online portal for designated public voting period leading up to Awards Ceremony. The voting will take place in March/April 2019.
• An Awards Ceremony in March/April 2019 with ALL participating student teams, parents, teachers, and companies
There are several ways to get involved, become a Featured Manufacturer Sponsor or a Program Sponsor! Contact Laurie Knoll at (814) 217-6066 / email@example.com for more details.
Be sure to Like and Follow the program on Facebook and Twitter @WSCM NW!
SEE THE VIDEOS: