A failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) helps uncover potential failures before they occur while investigating at-risk processes, components, or whole products. An upcoming training class offered by Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) will teach you how to construct and analyze both product and process FMEAs. A list of objectives include:
- Defining the types of FMEAs
- Identifying the benefits of FMEAs
- Understanding the components of a FMEA
- Describing process requirements
- Explaining the impact of team selection on the FMEA
- Managing the FMEA over the life of the process
The course instructor will be Sara Goncus, Director of Training and Development with Operations Strategy Consulting, LLC. Prior to joining Operations Strategy, Sara worked as a Quality Assurance Engineer for Lockheed Martin at Cannon Air Force Base in New Mexico.
The course is scheduled for November 12 from 8:00am-4:00pm at the Training & Workforce Development Center, 3050 Prosperity Place, Hermitage PA.